Thursday, January 6, 2011

NY2011 Resolution

When I was growing up in the 80s, I always wondered what my classmates ate at home. We only ever had home cooked Chinese food. Don't get me wrong, mum was a great cook but as they say: The food always tastes nicer at your friend's house. I felt like I was missing out, but not anymore. I am now armed with the tools to fill this blank in my childhood in the form of a complete Australian Women's Weekly (aww) recipe box circa 1970s.  It contains well over 1000 recipes with such lovelies like pate, brawn and devilled kidneys. Also the usual bakes, stews, casseroles, and sausages. My eating adventure into awwful food begins! (That's a pun, not a spelling error.) 


It is my resolution this year to cook one dish per week from this box and share with you our adventures. I also want to know if my two year old toddler, Princess, likes this food.  At least she can grow up knowing that she has not missed out!

I can only roadtest 52 recipes during 2011 but I will also post up other interesting looking recipes during the week. When I say interesting, it could mean awful. You're warned. What dish reminds you of your childhood?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...